Call to Action!
March 19 - 23, 2018
WHAT: Take ONE of the following actions this week!
- Contact your State Legislators by phone or email
- Schedule a visit with your State Legislators (We can help!)
- Write an op-ed or letter-to-the-editor for your local paper
WHY: It is a critical time for land conservation!
Your State Legislators need to hear from you on budget cuts and legislation that will have lasting impacts on land conservation.
WHO: People and organizations like you who care about land conservation!
HOW: Send a strong message to your lawmakers that land conservation matters to you and your community.
GOAL: EVERY State Legislator receives at least one land conservation contact this week.
To find your legislators and their contact info visit:
In your own words …
Dear State Rep/State Senator ___________:
With just weeks left in the legislative session, there are a number of issues before you that impact land conservation in our community and are important to me. I ask you to:
- Say YES to a Pilot Program Enabling Certain Municipalities to Establish a Local Funding Option for Open Space Acquisition & Stewardship (SB 181)
- Say YES to a Constitutional Amendment to Better Protect our Public Lands (SJ 35)
- Say YES to Protection of the Community Investment Act and the Open Space & Watershed Land Acquisition Grant Program (OSWA)
- Say YES to Bonding for DEEP's Recreational Trails and Greenways Program (SB 424)
- Say YES to the Passport to the Parks as a Dedicated, Non-Lapsing Account (SB 429)
- Say NO to the Sale of Seaside State Park (SB 252) and local interference in public land management (SB 449)
These issues are important to me and my community because:
[So important! Provide your own examples of how land conservation impacts you and your community, such as a description of the work of your organization, its volunteers, and the impacts your programs have had on your community]
Thank you, in advance, for your support on this/these important issues!
Your name, town and organization (if applicable)