Applications Now Available
Open Space and Watershed Land Acquisition Grant Program
Urban Green and Community Garden Grant Program
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) has announced the next round of competitive grant funding to assist municipalities, land conservation organizations and water companies with the purchase and preservation of open space lands, urban green space and community gardens through the state of Connecticut's Open Space and Watershed Land Acquisition Program (OSWA).
Details and links to OSWA grant applications are HERE.
Mark your Calendar!
October 13 - Windsor - 10am-12pm
October 20 - New Haven - 1-3pm
Details are HERE
DEEP Requests Proposals for Recreational Trails Grants
Applications for trails projects due by December 15, 2016
DEEP is now accepting proposals for Connecticut's Recreational Trails Program Grants. Applications will be accepted through December 15, 2016.
Connecticut Recreational Trails Program funds may be requested for projects including:
- Construction of new trails (motorized and non-motorized).
- Maintenance and restoration of existing recreational trails (motorized and non-motorized).
- Access to trails by persons with disabilities.
- Purchase and lease of trail construction and maintenance equipment.
- Acquisition of land or easements for a trail, or for trail corridors.
- Operation of educational programs to promote safety and environmental protection as related to recreational trails.
- Planning and design of trails.
Pending availability of funds during 2017-2018, grants may be made to any private nonprofit organizations, municipalities, state departments and tribal governments. Grant amounts vary.