The CLCC team is hard at work in developing and implementing new tools and programs in 2021. Here's what you can look forward to in the coming months:
- A brand new website - With the combined efforts of CLCC staff, consulting support from Judy Anderson (Community Consultants), mapping expertise from volunteer Beth Doran, and the design and site building services of Dorene Warner of WDesign Group, we are putting the finishing touches on a redesigned, easy to navigate, inviting website featuring land conservation news, resources, programs, and services for land trusts, landowners and all who are interested.
Stay tuned. We expect to launch in early February.
- New Publications - CLCC is developing two publications for use by land trusts to assist them in their outreach efforts
“What is a Land Trust” is a primer for landowners, the general public, elected officials, and others detailing the important work of Connecticut land trusts in conserving and protecting special places, building local connections, providing meaningful access to the outdoors, offering suggestions for how to get involved, and so much more in communities across the state. The booklet will be available in February.
“Protecting the Land You Love” includes stories to help landowners understand conservation options. First created for CLCC in 2015, the 2021 updated easy-to-read booklet includes inspiring new land conservation stories by landowners for landowners who want to learn more about options for permanent land protection and what to expect during the conservation process. We are planning for a spring release.
- 2021 Programming Schedule and Annual Conference - Planning for this year's series of networking rountables, speakers, and topical workshops, as well as the 2021 Connecticut Land Conservation Conference, is well underway. We welcome your input. Please contact CLCC’s program manager Rebecca anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your thoughts and ideas regarding the programs and topics that would be helpful for you, your land trust, and community this year and beyond.
- 2021 Regional Land Trust Advancement Initiatives - With support from the Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut and the Connecticut Community Foundation, CLCC is broadening the scope of our Advancement Initiative program to address the lack of diversity within the land conservation sector. Facilitated by Equity Trainers, Ashley Stewart and David Sutherland, our Initiatives seek to refocus land trusts on their organizational culture and provide opportunities to meet diverse audiences for the shared mission of building healthier and more sustainable communities. Read about our Advancement Initiatives here >>
- 2021 Advanced Collaboration and Merger Assistance Program - With support from the Peter and Carmen Lucia Buck Foundation, CLCC and consultant Sharon Danosky are working with conservation organizations in the Farmington River Valley, as well as Joshua's Trust and the Lower Connecticut River Land Trust, respectively, to explore the feasibility of establishing an advanced collaborative organizational model in their respective regions. CLCC and Danosky are also facilitating two separate land trust mergers in other parts of the state. Read about our Advanced Collaboration and Merger Assistance Program here >>
For more information about CLCC's programming, please contact CLCC program manager Rebecca Dahl at email@example.com