Spread the Word to Protect Your Public Lands
Share the Video! ... Distribute Palm Cards! ... Put Pen to Paper! ... Post, Share, and Tweet! ...and Vote YES (Question #2) to Protect Public Lands on November 6!
On November 6th, you and your land trust have a historic opportunity to help pass a statewide ballot measure to better protect state-owned conservation and agricultural lands.
Voting YES on Question #2 would require a public hearing and a 2/3 vote before valuable public lands like state parks, forests, and state-owned farmlands could be sold, swapped, or given away by the General Assembly. Other public lands would only require a simple majority vote.
Here's how you can help!
- Share the Video! The Protect CT Public Lands Coalition, Inc. released a 15 second video. Please watch and then share with your friends, colleagues, neighbors and family members!
- And more videos to share! Here are links to some t.v. interviews and news spots in support of Question 2:
- Spread the Word! Tell your friends, colleagues, neighbors and family members about the ballot question and urge them to vote YES on November 6. Get an Informational One-Pager >>
- Distribute Informational "Palm" Cards! The Protect CT Public Lands Coalition, Inc. has information cards available to distribute to your network, local businesses, when tabling at events, to post at kiosks at your land trust's preserves, etc. NOTE: Only a limited number are left! Please contact email@example.com to request palm cards.
- Write a letter to the editor! The Protect CT Public Lands Coalition, Inc. has templates that make it easy to write a letter to the editor (LTE) for publication to your local paper. Request LTE Templates >>
- If the deadline to submit a letter to the editor of your local paper has passed, then please share the many others that we have posted on our Facebook page.
- View CLCC Executive Director's LTE published in her hometown paper, the Journal Inquirer, on October 19 >> (Scroll down to "Question 2")
- Share & Tweet! Follow CLCC on Facebook and Twitter and share, share, share!
- Other ideas? If you have other ideas for sharing information, please contact us anytime with questions!
Additional Resources & Information
- Sample Email to Friends on Question #2 share by The Connecticut Forest & Park Association >>
- Sample Question #2 Handout shared by the Connecticut Forest & Park Association >>
- One-Pager on Campaign to Protect Public Lands >>
- Description of public lands ballot question available at voting sites statewide >>
- Text of question on the 11.6.18 ballot >>
- Why Land Trusts should support protecting public lands >>
- Handouts from "The Do's and Don'ts for Land Trusts at the Ballot Box and the Capitol" Info Session (9/11) >>
Learn more about the campaign and consider making a contribution as an organization or individual to The Protect CT Public Lands Coalition, Inc. >>
(Note that contributions are not tax-deductible)
You and your land trust can make a difference ... again!
Protecting public lands is critically important to your land conservation work and its impact upon the quality of life and economy in your community, region, and throughout the state. Please join us in support of this historic opportunity to ensure that public lands receive the protections they deserve.
Spread the word to vote YES on Question #2!
Amy Blaymore Paterson, Esq.
P.S. If you have any questions about the campaign to protect public lands, please contact me anytime!