Other Grant Opportunities
Land Trust Grant Capacity and Partnership Projects
Range:6 grants of $5,000 each
This is an annual grant cycle with the RFP for the small grant program opening in January and proposals due March 1. Funds are dispersed at the end of May.
Grant Specific Evaluation Criteria
- Projects must build land trust capacity by teaching or demonstrating how birds can enhance strategic planning and mission fulfillment of land trusts (e.g. using eBird as a conservation planning tool), and/or facilitate mutually beneficial collaborations and partnerships with the bird conservation community.
- Requested grant funding should not exceed $5,000.
- Applicant land trusts do not need to be accredited.
- Priority will be given to the formation of new, regional or state based land trust collaboratives with multiple partners.
- See Example Activities page for ideas of activities that we would consider funding under this grant track.