Seasonal Conservation Easement Steward – Society for the Protection of NH Forests
The non-profit Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests seeks a self-motivated seasonal conservation easement steward. The steward will provide technical and administrative support to five professionals in the Easement Stewardship Department in their ongoing stewardship of our 760 conservation easements and deed restrictions. The seasonal steward will assist in monitoring conservation easements and updating records and files, including work on special projects.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a graduating student with a conservation or natural resources degree (or similar), an individual with natural resources field experience, or a conservation professional mid-career;
- Have reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout the state;
- Have experience using ArcGIS and Microsoft Office suite;
- Have outdoor skills (competent using mobile field applications, compass, and map; capable of navigating independently in remote settings); and
- Have a commitment to conservation.
This is a seasonal position for up to 14 weeks for 25-40 hours per week with a start date in late May or early June. Start date, hours per week, and length of position are negotiable. Candidate will need reliable transportation. No housing provided.
Applications are due Monday, April 3, 2023. Please email a resume and cover letter (both in PDF format) to Sarah AlSamaraee, Forestry & Stewardship Administrative Coordinator at email@example.com. Please write “Seasonal Steward Position” in the email subject line.