Trail Crew Leader – CFPA
Want to gain real hands-on experience in the trail conservation and outdoor recreation fields? Want to take on the challenge of leading a crew working, traveling, and camping in a small tight-knit group? Join our Summer Trail Crew and help lead our efforts to improve Connecticut’s 825-mile Blue-Blazed Hiking Trail System!
- Train, motivate and lead Crew members to complete a variety of trail projects including maintenance, repairs and new construction.
- Coordinate trail projects and logistics with CFPA’s Trails Program Field Coordinator.
- Lead maintenance of trail tools, vehicles and equipment for safe use.
- Live, contribute to and oversee camp life during spikes.
- Ensure all technical work is to standard, including tread construction, blazing, drainage structures, and construction of steps, turnpike and bog bridging.
- Positively represent CFPA mission, programs and membership in all interactions with volunteers, trail users, landowners, property managers, and others.
- Assist CFPA Trails staff with development of project calendar and project promotion.