1/9/20 – Presented by the Connecticut Land Conservation Council in partnership with the Land Trust Alliance, this all-day educational program was especially for land trusts to learn about basic climate concepts, critical policies, and hear from DEEP Commissioner Katie Dykes.
Access materials from our climate primer event and more.
- Climate Primer Agenda
- CLCC Natural Climate Solutions Primer
- Climate Intro – Land Trust Alliance
- Conservation in a Changing Climate – Land Trust Alliance
- Governor’s Council on Climate Change Reports:
- Survival by Degrees: 389 Bird Species on the Brink – National Audubon Society
- Connected and Resilient Landscapes – The Nature Conservancy CT
- Conserving Farmlands for a Changing Climate – Emily Cole, American Farmland Trust
- Weantinoge Heritage Land Trust Parcel Prioritization Analysis Handbook
- Accessing TNC Resiliency Science Handout
- Resilient Sites for Conservation in the Eastern US – The Nature Conservancy
- Growing Together: Smart Solar Siting – Emily Cole, American Farmland Trust
- American Farmland Trust Solar Siting Guidelines
- Renewables in Action: Benefitting Conservation and Communities – Judy Anderson
- Practical Pointers: Siting Renewables on Conservation Easements – Land Trust Alliance
- Reshaping the Energy Future: Renewables and Land Trusts – Land Trust Alliance
- Climate Change Communications & Community Engagement – CIRCA
- Climate Communications – Judy Anderson
- Communicating for Resilience – Joanna Wozniak-Brown
- How to Talk About Climate Change – Land Trust Alliance & Open Space Institute
- Communications Best Practices – Land Trust Alliance
Any further questions, please contact email@example.com.