Climate and Environmental Justice Project Manager – CT DEEP
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH) is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as a Climate and Environmental Justice Project Manager. This position will assume the role of Principal Investigator and Climate Coordinator of the Climate and Environmental Justice Taskforce. This role will work to address the intersection of climate change and health equity and will focus on proactive public health protection through establishment of measures to minimize impact to human health in communities most in need.
Please Note: This is a durational position with an end date of August 31, 2026. An extension of one additional year may be possible based on available funding and agency needs.
- Work Schedule: Typically Monday – Friday
- Work Hours: Full-time, First Shift, 40 hours per week
- Location: 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT
There may be opportunities for an alternate work schedule and working remotely in accordance with State policies.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Industry leading health benefits with medical and dental coverage
- Generous paid time off, include 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Retirement healthcare offerings
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A healthy work/life balance!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Oversee activities and program evaluation for work performed with Building Resilience Against Climate Effects (BRACE) grant funding
- Direct, operate and provide leadership to the DPH Climate and Environmental Justice Taskforce under the direction of a DPH Deputy Commissioner
- Define and fully integrate health equity and environmental justice into all climate change work performed
- Provide coordination and develop climate change partnerships with other state agencies, local health directors, regional planning agencies, Connecticut universities, Yale Office of Climate and Health, CIRCA, non-governmental stakeholders, national climate organizations, other state agencies, federal partners and community organizations
MORE ABOUT THE AGENCY AND FACILITIES:
The Mission of the Department of Public Health (DPH) is to protect and improve the health and safety of the people of Connecticut by:
- Assuring the conditions in which people can be healthy
- Preventing disease, injury, and disability
- Promoting the equal enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health, which is a human right and a priority of the state.
DPH accomplishes this through the implementation of its Strategic Plan which outlines the actions that DPH is taking to accomplish its Mission.