What Will Your Conservation Legacy Be?
Planned gifts are one of the best, most effective ways to ensure Connecticut’s natural and working lands are conserved in perpetuity. There is no minimum age or gift amount required to create a conservation legacy, just a desire to create a greener, healthier Connecticut for future generations.
By remembering CLCC in your estate plans, you join others who share a similar passion for conserving the places that make Connecticut special.
CLCC is committed to partnering with you to help Connecticut’s land trusts conserve more land and ensure it remains protected forever. Your thoughtful estate planning enables you to provide not only for your loved ones, but also for the special places and organizations that you value the most right now.
$1,000 Match When You Include CLCC in Your Planned Giving
Boost your commitment for the future by helping CLCC earn challenge grant dollars today.
For each person who includes CLCC in their planned giving, an anonymous donor will make a $1,000 contribution to CLCC, up to $20,000. This means your future commitment to saving land will help right now.
How does it work?
First, name CLCC in your will or living trust or as a beneficiary of your retirement or financial account.
Then, let us know you’ve included CLCC in your estate plans by completing the Statement of Intent form and sending it back to us.
It’s that easy — You’ll be leaving a conservation legacy, while helping CLCC to unlock matching funds today.
Why People Choose to Make a Bequest
- It is not payable until death, so it does not affect your assets or cash flow during your lifetime.
- It is revocable – you can change the provisions in your will or trust at any time.
- It is private – your will is not filed or made public until your death. Should your circumstances change, you can change your will at any time.
- Depending on the size of your estate, and if it is subject to estate taxes, your gift could help lower your taxable estate. You won’t receive tax benefits during your lifetime if you make a gift via your Will.
- To receive tax benefits during your lifetime you would donate a gift of cash, stock, or life estate.
Tax-Savvy Ways to Give
If you would like more information about participating in CLCC’s Planned Giving Program, or have another gift planning question, please contact us at 860-852-5512. We are excited to work with you, and your trusted professional advisors, to create the best plan for your unique situation.
Already named CLCC in your estate plans? Let us know by sending us a completed Statement of Intent form.
CLCC’s Tax ID number is 06-0613430. We are located at 27 Washington Street, Middletown, CT 06457.