Resident Caretaker & Stewardship Manager – Newtown Forest Association
Opportunity for an individual to serve as Caretaker for the NFA property holdings in exchange for residency. Compensation for this position is housing in a 1,300 square foot ranch with detached single bay garage. There are no other benefits or monetary compensation.
The Caretaker will be responsible for 25 hours per week of service to the NFA. Other employment permitted, provided that it does not impede ability to fulfill duties. The Caretaker should have an appreciation of wildlife and conservation and be eager to join a nationally-recognized land trust operation.
- Onsite occupancy to maintain living presence on one of our preserves, including daily opening and closing of gates at Holcombe Hill parking lot
- Proper care and maintenance of residency and related outbuildings
- Maintenance of existing gardens, grounds, trails, and parking areas on all 70+ NFA-owned parcels
● Supervision of summer stewardship intern program and support of NFA events and
programs as needed
● Documentation of site inspections, trail conditions, and posted property boundaries
- Documentation of mowing schedules and other stewardship activities
- Care and maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Present Caretaker’s Report at monthly Board of Directors meeting
- Positive attitude and professional representation of the NFA at all times
- Must be willing to take permanent residence at Holcombe Hill Preserve
- Ability to safely use and maintain stewardship and maintenance equipment
- Experience using power tools such as chainsaw and snow-blower
- Familiarity with best stewardship practices in regards to native habitat management
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of legal residency status
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 5, 2024.