In preparation for Earth Day 2022 on April 22, the Connecticut Land Conservation Council is putting together a compilation video featuring clips of community projects funded with Open Space & Watershed Land Acquisition (OSWA) or Urban Green and Community Garden (UGCG) grants. This year’s Earth Day theme is “Invest in Our Planet” so we want to highlight the success of these two important state grant programs and all the benefits of conserving and investing in land for people, the environment, and the future.
If your land trust, municipality or water company has an OSWA property or project, please submit clips/video footage to Sylvie Boucher at email@example.com by Friday, April 15th.
It will take roughly 15 minutes of your time and in an effort to make the videos look consistent for a smoother compilation, please follow the guidelines below as best you can. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sylvie Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- use a smartphone or camera to record
- record in LANDSCAPE (sideways)
- under 30 seconds
- feel free to be creative with it; you can film an overview of the property, people doing recreational activities (hiking, biking, etc), group of people, maintenance (invasive species removal, trail marking, etc), unique attributes (interesting plants, structures, etc)
- the most important thing is to film at the property or project
- there will be text and music over the clips so don’t worry about the sound
Photo credit: Norm Jensen