Roundtable Across State Borders
June 17, 2021 | 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
In this final conference roundtable, we welcome land trust leaders from across state borders to share their perspectives on what it means to be a land trust now.
- Working at a local scale and a landscape scale.
- Grappling with how to be more inclusive and diverse.
- Creating a more community-based, welcoming organization.
- Engaging the next generation.
- Considering climate change and other critical challenges now and into the future, and prioritizing land trust work and its impact on people, communities, and the environment.
Facilitated by Kevin Case, President and CEO of Mohonk Preserve and formerly with the Land Trust Alliance, our roundtable participants will share their inspiring stories around where their land trusts started, how and why they have changed over the years, and the challenges and opportunities they have embraced as they continue to evolve in response to issues in their communities and the world today.
Facilitator: Kevin Case, President/CEO, Mohonk Preserve, New Paltz, NY
Jim Bonesteel, Executive Director, Rensselaer Plateau Alliance, Averill Park, NY
Robyn Carlton, Executive Director, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Chattanooga, TN
Kristin DeBoer, Executive Director, Kestrel Land Trust, Amherst, MA