Other Grant Opportunities
Inflation Reduction Act Forest Landowner Support Track B
The Inflation Reduction Act Forest Landowner Support programming provides financial assistance grants for projects that support underserved and small-acreage forest landowner participation in emerging private markets for climate mitigation and forest resilience. The Inflation Reduction Act provides the Forest Service $450 million for Forest Landowner Support which will be made available through a series of funding opportunities. Bookmark this webpage to stay up to date on current opportunities and deadlines or contact SM.FS.LandownerIRA@usda.gov to be added to an email distribution list.
Individual landowners are not eligible to directly apply for these funding opportunities. Learn more about USDA programs for landowners.
This first Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO #1) solicits proposals to access funding from two Inflation Reduction Act provisions to:
- Support the participation of underserved forest landowners in emerging private markets for climate mitigation or forest resilience (IRA Section 23002, Provision 2).
- Support the participation of forest landowners who own less than 2,500 acres of forest land in emerging private markets for climate mitigation or forest resilience (IRA Section 23002, Provision 3).
Proposals are anticipated from a diversity of applicants including Tribes and Tribal organizations; national, regional, local, and community-based organizations; nonprofit and for-profit entities; and state and local governments. Organizations representing underserved landowners and first-time applicants for federal funds are encouraged to apply. Multiple deadlines (or “Tracks”) are available to encourage involvement from a wide variety of applicants and to capture learning for future program development. Tracks are defined by overall proposal budget size.
Track B: Proposal budgets that are less than $2 million (deadline: 8/21/2024, quarterly reviews)
For those who are still considering Track B (proposals <$2 million), please note the following dates:
- All proposals received by November 30, 2023 will be reviewed as one batch.
- All proposals received December 1, 2023 – February 29, 2024 will be reviewed as one batch.
- All proposals received March 1, 2024 – May 31, 2024 will be reviewed as one batch.
- The final deadline for all proposals is August 21, 2024, and all proposals received June 1, 2024 – August 21, 2024 will be reviewed together.