Connecticut Careers Trainee – CT DEEP
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is hiring a Tribal Affairs Liaison/Connecticut Careers Trainee to work in Hartford, Connecticut.
As the Tribal Affairs Liaison, you will assist in the management of Native American Affairs in the state of Connecticut. Your work will facilitate and support meaningful community engagement, support government-to-government consultation with tribes, and effectuate communication about DEEP programs and activities to state tribes. You will report to the Office Director of Environmental Justice in the Office of the Commissioner.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting the coordination infrastructure needs and repairs with the Bureau of Outdoor Recreation and Division of Engineering and Field Support Services staff within Bureau of Central Services
- Familiarizing oneself with state records and responding to record requests from State and Federal tribal members and the public
- Assisting with managing infrastructure projects
- Acting as a point of contact for Tribes and state agencies that have questions regarding tribal issues
- Communicating about DEEP programs and activities to the Tribes
- Communicating available grant opportunities to the Tribes
- Coordinating among branches at DEEP and other agencies