Conservation Planner – CT RC&D
The Conservation Planner will work with farm managers, Conservation Districts, the Connecticut Department of Agricultural and the Natural Resources Conservation Service toward implementation of coordinated soil and water conservation planning and delivery of farm assistance programs in Connecticut.
The position includes following tasks:
- Develop comprehensive conservation plans and provide technical assistance to farmers and forest landowners to assist them with conserving natural resources on their working agricultural lands.
- Develop and assist customers with implementation of conservation plans and associated practices contracted through various conservation programs. Conduct resource inventories and analyses to identify and evaluate soil, water, air, plant, livestock, wildlife, and energy issues.
- Develop schedules, articles, and reports as project updates for internal and public review.
- Perform related tasks to advance conservation and restoration efforts including outreach to landowners, conservation plan review, and conduction of environmental education events.
- Other duties as assigned.