Fall Communications and Events intern (Paid & Remote) – Highstead Foundation
Highstead Foundation in Redding, Connecticut is recruiting a full-time, remote Communications and Events intern for a 14-week period. Applications must be submitted by July 10. The Conservation Intern will support Highstead’s Conservation Program from September 5 to December 8, 2023. The intern will receive a stipend of $15 per hour.Highstead is a regional non-profit conservation organization dedicated to inspiring curiosity and building knowledge about plants and wooded landscapes in order to enhance life, preserve nature, and advance sound stewardship practices. We envision a healthier, more livable world for all by working with our partners to responsibly conserve the land that sustains us and to steward our natural spaces, resources, and communities thoughtfully and inclusively.
The major focus for this position will be in support of the Regional Conservation Partnership (RCP) Network Gathering, an in person conference for over 200 regional conservation practitioners. The conference will be held at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst on November 9. Attendance at the event is mandatory.
The Communication and Events Intern will be responsible for the following:
RCP Network Gathering tasks:
- Aid in the creation and management of event planning documents
- Assist in speaker tracking, support, and communications
- Create and administer attendee evaluations and surveys
- Manage on-line registration and reporting
- Outreach to key partners and constituents to encourage registration
- Assist in the creation of meeting materials such as agendas, event signage, and name tags
General Conservation Program tasks:
- Work with staff to develop content for e-newsletters, social media, and websites
- Support Conservation Staff with initiatives, including keeping notes at meetings and updating reports
- Assist in development, implementation, and outreach of program meetings, webinars, and other events
- Strong interest in event planning and implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, graphic design software, and social media platforms. Knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey work to a variety of audiences through email, presentations, meetings, and in online formats
What you’ll gain from us:
- Hands-on experience in event planning and management
- Develop a wide range of skills, including communication, organization, and problem-solving
- An opportunity to learn, grow, ask questions
What we need from you:
- A recent bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent lived experience
- An interest in conservation and protecting the environment
- Ability to express new ideas and visual concepts
- Curiosity, ingenuity, perseverance, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- A collaborative spirit who enjoys both independent and group work
How to Apply: Please send the following materials to Jody Cologgi at email@example.com by Friday, July 10. Reference “Communications and Events Intern” as the email subject. Candidates will be notified by mid-July.
- Cover letter describing your communications and/or event planning background, and an explanation of why you would be an ideal candidate to assist with the RCP Network Gathering event
- Short writing sample relevant to the job description (max 2 pages)
Please submit one PDF document containing all application materials.