Transportation Planner 2: Environmental Compliance – CT DOT
Do you want to be part of a great team of professionals who are shaping the future of Transportation in Connecticut? If so, come join our team and make a positive impact!The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT) is accepting applications for a Transportation Planner 2 in the Environmental Compliance section at our Headquarters in Newington, Connecticut.
BENEFITS AND BALANCE AT THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
The State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 by ‘Forbes’. This national recognition comes from offering job growth, competitive benefits and flexible scheduling for our employees!
What we can offer you:
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings;
- Paid time off – including 13 paid holidays per calendar year;
- Professional growth and paid professional development opportunities; and
- A work culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance to all employees!
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service.
Working for the DOT can provide you with:
- A competitive starting salary
- Tuition reimbursement
- Alternate work schedule options
- Hybrid work environment opportunities (combination of on-site and remote work)
- A culture that encourages work-life balance
- On-site low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging
- Ample free parking with easy access from major highways or by public transportation
- Work for Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE’s) Employer of the Year!
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, first shift
- Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Location: Headquarters in Newington, CT
- Bargaining Unit: P-4 (Engineering and Scientific)
Position Specific Notes:
- Applicants must be available to travel for training, conferences, meetings, field reviews, etc. both within and outside of normal working hours, when necessary.
- A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required and must be maintained.
The Division of Facilities and Transit consists of the Facilities Design, AEC Applications, Environmental Compliance, and Engineering Services (Pavement Design and Utilities Coordination) units. DOT’s Environmental Compliance section seeks applications for a Transportation Planner 2 that will specialize in the technical and highly sought-after field of environmental science. The primary focus of the Environmental Compliance section is to provide engineering support to many of the Department of Transportation’s day-to-day operations and to the Department’s capital projects for highways, railways, bridges, and related maintenance and transit facilities. Technical staff in the Environmental Compliance section provide guidance on matters related to polluted media such as soil and groundwater, permitted wastewater discharges, MS4 stormwater compliance, regulated and hazardous wastes, and regulated building materials such as asbestos and lead paint.
Application Details: Please list your Driver’s license number, expiration date, and issuing State, Engineer in Training license number (if applicable) and any other job-relevant licenses or certifications you hold, in the Licenses and Professional Certifications section of your application.
WHO WE ARE
At the DOT, our mission is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and the region. Learn more about our mission, vison, and values here!
This is a competitive recruitment, open to the public.
TO APPLY, visit www.ct.gov/ctstatejobs and search by the recruitment number 231108-8876FE-001 – no resume or cover letter required! This recruitment is accepting applications through 12/5/2023