This resource from The Nature Conservancy shares resilient sites in the Eastern US where conservation action is most likely to succeed in the long term.
A compilation of resources and links shared by The Nature Conservancy from the 2020 Climate Primer.
This resource was shared at the 2020 Climate Primer for land trusts.
The National Audubon Society created a website sharing how climate change impacts hundreds of species of birds across the United States.
The Land Trust Alliance created the Conservation in a Changing Climate website as a technical resource for land trusts and other organizations involved with land conservation planning in the United States.
7/14/22 – This Zoom Info Session covered questions presented to CT DEEP staff regarding the Open Space and Watershed Land Acquisition Grant Program (OSWA) and the Urban Green and Community Garden Program (UGCG).
Do you know what kind of insurance policies your land trust needs? Do you know if your current policies adequately protect against your biggest risks? Learn the basics, including policy must-haves and coverage red-flags, in this recording from the Land Trust Alliance’s webinar Insurance 101: The Basics for Protecting Your Land Trust.
Open to All: A Disability Inclusion Guide for Land Trusts was created by a dedicated group of people who came together to form an Advisory Council on Inclusive Health and Disabilities under the guidance of the Land Trust Alliance and their partner, the Lakeshore Foundation.
ALPINE Toolkit for Student Leaders
Connecticut Envirothon – Take the Natural Challenge
Connecticut’s Environmental Literacy Plan 2020-2025 (PDF) – COEEA
Land Grab Universities – Shows the economic value of lands dispossessed from Indigenous peoples to land grant universities by state
Native Land Digital Map – Resource to learn more about Indigenous territories, languages, lands, and ways of life
Best Wheelchair-Friendly Trails in CT
CT DEEP Resources
- Access for Persons with Disabilities
- Freshwater Fishing Areas with Access for Persons with Disabilities
- Open Space and Watershed Land Acquisition Grant Program
- Park ConneCT
- Urban Green and Community Gardens Grant Program
Nonprofits Led by People of Color Win Less Grant Money With More Strings (Study)
- CT Outdoor and Environmental Education Association (COEEA) – Provides educational resources, as well as opportunities for land trusts to become a member, and gain additional resources/join a network of environmental educators statewide
- East Granby Land Trust High School Intern Program
- Half-Earth Project
- A sample of Half-Earth Project educational resources
- Half-Earth Springtime Activities
- Sign up to be a Half-Earth Project Educator Ambassador
- The Half-Earth Map – An interactive tool for exploring conservation opportunities worldwide
- UConn NRCA – Provides opportunities for land trusts to partner with them to collaboratively support youth-led environmental action projects on land trust properties