‘Tip of the iceberg’: is our destruction of nature responsible for Covid-19? – John Vida, The Guardian (March 2020)
Where to Find Felicia Keesing
- Public Health Experts Answer Your Questions About Getting Outside During COVID-19 – The Trust for Public Land (2020)
- The Heat is On – The Trust for Public Land report (2020)
- Why Walking is the Ideal Pandemic Activity – Eric Weiner, National Geographic (August 2020)
Where to find Sadiya Muqueeth
- Effect of forest bathing trips on human immune function – Qing Li, Department of Hygiene and Public Health, Nippon Medical School (January 2010)
- Saving MA Forests: The Fight for Clean Air During COVID-19 and Climate Change – Raei Bridges, NAACP (April 2020)
Where to Find Raei Bridges
9/30/20 – Keith Ainsworth leads the discussion on the legal strategies and tools available to land trusts, environmental organizations and landowners seeking to protect, assert and know their rights. This workshop covered laws, regulations, and review the broad history of cases that illustrate how Connecticut’s courts have shaped the law. Topics included encroachments, tree law, water and wetlands, liability and risk management, restoration, documentation and participating in the public process.
6/4/20 – Staff from NRCS Connecticut presented about available funding for your stewardship work. NRCS Staff covered a variety of their programs including the Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP), Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), and the Healthy Forest Reserve Program.
5/21/20 – Connie Manes, Executive Director of Kent Land Trust presents on planning your stewardship calendar at this time. Review basic must-do stewardship responsibilities for fee-owned and conservation easement properties, and learn how land trusts in CT and nationally are accomplishing these tasks.